April 11, 2009

Easter Plans

So my brother's sister-in-law was pregnant the same time I was. She had a healthy (live!) baby- I did not. It has not been easy for me to be around this baby. In all truth, it has been painful. I've told that to my sister-in-law and she has been more than understanding. That is why it's so surprising when they invited HER family to OUR Easter Dinner! Hello! Why would you invite this child to a family gathering when you KNOW it's painful for me? I don't want to be treated with kid gloves, but my child died around Easter last year, and this Easter is going to suck ass for me, so why can't you have a little compassion and understanding! Is that too much to ask?

I should probably clarify by telling you that she invited her family to my parents house. Her entire family- mom, dad, sister& boyfriend, brother, baby. All of them. She did this knowing that the baby is a touchy subject for me. That is why I'm so upset. It's like she totally ignored what I shared with her about the babe bothering me. She wants us all to be together. It is going to make my Easter seriously shitty, and Easter is going to be shitty enough for me because I keep thinking about last year. UG! Will this ever end? Answer= No.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gotta love sensitivity, aye? Thats like the other night when a group of us went out after work to have a margarita, and one of them brought her one year old granddaughter with them. She still drank her margarita.

People suck sometimes. Sorry, that Easter is bringing you down.